Five Habits to Let Go in 2016•
Posted on December 13 2016
Just in case you ran out of ideas for the 3 Habits challenge yesterday, no worries we've got FIVE ideas for you.
1. Not Setting Goals! Making goals give you something and somewhere to move towards. Without them we are practically directionless. Replace this habit with a couple of goals with attainable and measurable goals in 2017.
2. Creating Too Many Goals! For those of you with the limitless to do lists, you must allow yourself some flexibility to arrive at your final destination. Also, you will find yourself constantly struggling to check off tasks off a list instead of enjoying your life. Commit to leave that habit in the past. Limit yourself to a few goals, and then make one new one to cover the rest of your list. Enjoy and trust the process.
3. Overcommitting! While we are on the subject of goals and making too many, let's chat about overcomitting. Listen, you can't be everywhere at every moment. Your intentions might be great, but you will burn out if you continue that way. Do not allow yourself to feel pressured to commit to every single invite, project, trip proposed to you. We give you permission to say no. Only commit to things you are 100% sure you will want to go to or do. You will save yourself and your buddies quite a bit of anxiety in the process.
4. Starting Something and Not Finishing It! You know why this is bad. We don't need to explain. Stop it now.
5. Fearing Failure! Failure really sucks. It's a huge ego bruiser. But, it also is beyond valuable in that it allows us to grow. What are we here to do in the first place? To grow right? So if you're not failing sometimes, you are not growing. How about we replace this one with embracing failure?
Suffering is not holding you. You are holding suffering. When you become good at the art of letting sufferings go, then you’ll come to realize how unnecessary it was for you to drag those burdens around with you. You’ll see that no one else other than you was responsible. The truth is that existence wants your life to become a festival.