Body Scan Magical Guided Meditation•
Posted on June 15 2018
One of the greatest habits you can develop to help yourself transform your life in more than one way is certainly meditation. But, if you want to see the effects of meditation you need to take some time of your day to devote to meditation. One of the simpler yet very beneficial meditations you can practice is the Body Scan Meditation. When it comes to the Body Scan meditation, it does take some more time from your day (30-40minutes), but if you want to see results, you have to be willing to make a change for the better.
Why Body Scan meditation?
Body Scan meditation is one of the meditations that are great for beginners. The Body Scan meditation is like a bridge to help you cross from the simpler and shorter meditations to the mediations that take more time and give you even more benefits. This is the meditation that will help you raise your awareness and keep your focus for a longer time.
Body Scan Guided Meditation:
1. Sit in a comfortable position. You can sit on your own chair or even lay down. We recommend that you sit so you won’t doze off.
2. Relax your body. Put your hands at ease where they feel comfortable.
3. Breathe in and breathe out. Close your eyes.
4. Pay attention to your feet. How they touch the ground, the heat, the coldness, their weight. Feel the blood pulsing through them.
5. Start bringing your attention higher, to your legs and how they feel. Feel the blood that comes passing through them. Notice every sensation about them.
6. Feel your back and how it is positioned against the chair. Notice how your back and chest moves as you breathe in and breathe out.
7. Bring your attention to your hands and arms. How they feel and how they are positioned on your body.
8. Feel your neck and the muscles on it. Relax them.
9. Bring your attention to your face. What face are you making? Is your jaw shut tight? Relax every muscle.
10. Take a couple of deep breaths. Breathe in and breathe out. Now open your eyes.