Step 3 – How To Get Healthier?•
Posted on June 24 2019
One of the biggest misconceptions is that to become healthier, somehow you have to change yourself completely. But, that isn’t the case. We are creatures of habits after all, and habits are hard to shake off. However, it is easier to make a change, when you set new habits. Today we are sharing with you a few of our habits, that we incorporated in our lives that have helped us become healthier! Read up below:
Reconnecting with Nature Meditation
Okay, getting healthier! Let’s start with your mental and emotional wellbeing. The best way to keep them healthy is by meditation and spending more time in nature. Or even better, reconnect yourself with nature through meditation. Here is a guided meditation that we love:
1. Lay down on your back in a room that is well lighted during the day. Breathe in and breathe out.
2. Calm yourself, calm your mind. Focus on your breathing.
3. Slowly start to distance yourself from your everyday life, of your worries, of your chatter and work issues, leave it all behind. Breathe in and breathe out.
4. Now begin to visualize a forest. You slowly walk among the trees.
5. Focus on one particular unique tree. Observe it closely, it’s trunk, roots, size, leaves. Now lie beneath it, between its roots.
6. As your head touches the roots, your body dissolves and you become nothing but the light that travels within the tree itself. You can feel a sense of belonging to unity with Mother Nature. You can feel your soul getting calmer as your energy synchronizes with Nature.
7. Your journey begins. Visualize your path. From the trunk of the tree to its branches, to its leaves, and then to another, and another tree until you reach the end of the forest.
8. And then you soar through the sky, between each and every cloud. You arrive on a beautiful beach with palm trees and you pass through each and every one of them before continuing your journey in the ocean.
9. Endless prosperity of water is before you as you ride the waves. You are everywhere, in each tree, in each lake, sea, ocean, in the tiniest of winds, in each pebble in each dessert. You are one with Nature itself.
10. Now return to the tree. Focus on your breathing. Breathe in and breathe out. As the light which you have become slowly dissolves, you can sense your body.
11. Breathe in and breathe out. Feel how your lungs get filled with air as you are breathing.
12. You can open your eyes when you feel ready.
This Meditation should be practiced during the day, in a well-lighted room. We suggest that if you fall easily asleep easily during meditation to lay on the floor instead of your comfortable bed. This Meditation is best to be practiced at least once a week for 40min – 1h. Also, it would be really great to take a walk to the nearest park after you do this meditation because that way you will strengthen your connection with Nature even further.
5 Yoga Pose Morning Routine
In just 10 minutes, you can change your day and mornings completely. All you have to do is devote 10 minutes to a short and simple yoga routine. Here are the five yoga poses to start the day right for all of you yoga newbies:
Click on each link above for a detailed video tutorial on all five poses!
4 Mini Habits To Start Off A Healthier Diet
Getting on a diet to lose weight, only then to return to your normal diet and return weight, is not the way to getting healthier. Instead of getting a temporary diet, the best way to become healthier is to make a few changes to your diet to improve it. Having a healthy diet on the long term is the key to being healthy! Here are some tips on how to do so:
- Plan One Week In Advance
If you find yourself too busy to cook most of the time, and you are stuck with fast food orders, then this tip will change your life completely. We, like you always struggled to keep a decent weekly menu on our tables, and stuck to fast food most of the time. Needless to say, that didn’t do us any good. So, we started planning things in advance.
We have a special notebook in our family in which we plan out what we will eat in the following week. We do grocery shopping on Saturdays and cook for the entire week on Sunday. The best thing is, you don’t have to have complicated meals on your menu to keep yourself healthy. Just try to have diverse meals each week. Sometimes, we have a favorite meal and we include one same meal every week, but we make sure to change things for all of the other days.
Then we simply freeze meals and unfreeze them appropriately. This will solve many issues for you – like never buying things that you don’t need when buying groceries, never having to worry what you will eat or cook once you get home after a busy day, and the most obvious one – it will help you have a much healthier diet.
Extra Tip: We like to cook 4 different meals during the week, and split two of them to eat on different days. The one item we always keep on our menu no matter what is chicken soup with ginger, because it’s easy to make in bulk – just chop everything up and let it boil till it’s done, and even easier to store.
Plus it’s great for boosting your immune system! Even if you are a vegetarian, you can cook the same recipe without the chicken in it and still have a healthy meal during the week.
- 7 Veggies A Day Keeps The Doctor Away!
One of the easiest ways to maintain a healthy diet is to make sure you consume at least seven different veggies a day. While it might be hard to get creative and consume seven different ones every day, a simple trick is to keep four veggies as the base – these you will consume every day in your meals, and then add to that mix three different ones every day.
- Eat Smaller Portions But Eat More Often
Sometimes, you might be taking enough daily calories for your specific build and activity, but you still notice that you are getting chubbier, or you are stuck at the same weight. A simple fix for this is to simply split your portions.
Eat more times a day, but less without changing how many calories you are taking. Try to have three bigger meals, and two mini meals. In addition, make sure that the most time it passes between meals is 6-7 hours. Don’t starve yourself!
This gives your organism more time to process the food you are eating and will be even more beneficial for you if you have a slower metabolism. Even if it seems like you can’t fit in so many meals in your busy day since they are smaller portions you will need less time to eat them. Neat, right?
- Give Yourself A Treat!
Let’s face it, you have to have enormous strength and willpower to not fall to temptation. Every corner you turn, there is some tasty goodness awaiting you. And there are simply some days that take away your strength and willpower, and you simply fall to temptation, making you feel guilty. But you don’t have to feel guilty.
On the contrary, we advise you to treat yourself. There are two healthy ways to do it – give yourself a small treat every day, or have a cheat day. We like to give ourselves small treats every day because it’s hard to keep yourself from gouging everything you shouldn’t on your cheat day. However, once you get the hang of it, you don’t have the need to eat everything you see. We use both methods, depending on the week.
Tune in to our blog to read Step 4 on Wednesday!
Astro Alert: Jupite...
On the 2nd, love goddess Venus enters Aries, where she will stay until the 28th. May is a great month for taking initiative in love and approaching...Read More
A Little Crystal Ma...
Welcome to A Little Crystal Magic, January!!!Thank You For Joining Us On This Magical Crystal Healing Journey!Hello Gorgeous!Happy New Year! 2020 i...Read More
A Little Crystal Ma...
Welcome to A Little Crystal Magic, December!!!Thank You For Joining Us On This Magical Crystal Healing Journey!This year, you have been through a l...Read More