New Moon Magic•
Posted on November 29 2016
Back in the day, farmers used the moon to guide their farm chores. The belief was that the moon governed moisture on the earth and if we followed her cycles we could produce the best crops. The first century Roman Naturalist, Pliny the Elder said the moon “replenishes the earth; when she approaches it, she fills all bodies, while when she recedes, she empties them.” Of the many cycles of the moon, the New Moon was an extra special time as many ancient farmers (and some current farmers) would wait until the New Moon came to plant their seeds. This was the time they believed the ground was most wet and fertile. The more wet and fertile the ground was, the easier it was for their seeds to have the nourishment needed to root and grow.
Astrologers today still utilize this same thought process, except it is applied life. A new moon in Astrology is the time for planting seeds for the future (otherwise known as intentions). The moments and days following the New Moon are regarded as the optimum time period for sharing any desires, needs or changes you want to unfold in your life with the universe. You must not only hold an image or vision of what you want to manifest in your life, you must also make it known, holding steadfast to the knowing it will come. The energy of the New Moon will nourish this goal of yours.
We wanted to share a simple new moon exercise with you, so that you may take full advantage of any New Moon.
New Moon Exercise:
1. Sit or lay in a quiet place. It’s a good idea to have a notepad and pen ready.
2. Take 5 deep breathes, inhaling to the count of 3 and exhaling to the count of 3.
3. If you feel relaxed, move to the next step. If not, repeat step 2.
4. Close your eyes and recall an area of life that is causing you stress or that you feel like there is a lot of focus in your life right now. Once you have settled on an area of life, start to think about if that issue were to spontaneously be solved, what would it look like. How would you feel? What changes would have been made in your life?
5. Translate those changes into affirmations and write them down. An example of this would be: your lease is up, you have been looking for places for a while, but have yet to find one. The clock is ticking, this makes you anxious. If the issue were solved, you would be signing a lease to fabulous new place and packing your furniture up. The affirmations you would write are: I will find the perfect apartment for me before my lease is up. I can comfortably afford this new apartment. I will enjoy the process of finding this apartment.
6. Read these affirmations out loud. Express gratitude for the universe for delivering these intentions.
7. Put these affirmations somewhere handy. Anytime you feel anxious, read them aloud.
Did you enjoy this exercise and want to learn more about how to utilize the energy of the New Moon through your personalized Astrology chart? Check out our New Moon Reading, an interactive meeting with our veteran Astrology, who will share with you exactly how this energy will influence you. Slay this New Moon, beauty.