Life Through Smiles: 10 Highly Inspirational Zen Jokes•
Posted on July 17 2017
You might be one of those folks where you might have your go to routine to de-stress. It might take a little meditation, yoga, TV, coffee or probably a beer or a bottle of wine to relax after a really hard day. Well, yeah, I'm guilty of that as well. I’ve had moments where chamomile tea and needed all of the above to relax! Lol.
I bring this up because I am so interested in how others go through the ‘motions’ of life when faced with vein-popping stress? I mean, yoga, meditation or reading are some of the de-stressors work for me. But there are so many other ways to chill out, quickly, when you need to get life done. One of my favorites is HUMOR! It’s so amazing how quickly your whole attitude, body and energy can change after a good laugh. This is one of the observations that had me thinking that there really must be something in this 'mind-over-matter' thing.
Humor is indeed one of the best medicines there are, whenever you are. I mean anyone with Internet access can easily read a joke or listen to a comedian just to get a good belly laugh in. Despite what's happening in that moment, doesn’t it feel like it's better to find a good laugh to clear your mind and then face your troubles, than to tackle whatever you are going through in anger with clouded vision?
I am a huge fan of zen jokes. They satisfy my desire to laugh AND are deep enough to push me to think.
So in case you needed a laugh today, here some of my favorite inspirational jokes.
10 Highly Inspirational Jokes
1. "One Zen student said, ‘My teacher is the best. He can go days without eating.’ The second said, ‘My teacher has so much self-control, he can go days without sleep.’ The third said, ‘My teacher is so wise that he eats when he's hungry and sleeps when he's tired.’ ~ Psychology Today.
2. “Q: How much "ego" do you need? A: Just enough so that you don't step in front of a bus.” --Shunryu Suzuki
3. “A student is on one side of a raging river. There are no bridges. He has no boat. He shouts out to the master on the opposite bank. ‘How do I get to the other side?’ The master shouts back: ‘You are on the other side.’”
4. “Why did the Buddhist coroner get fired? He kept marking the cause of death as ‘birth.’”
5. “If there is no self, whose arthritis is this?”
6. “A Zen student asked his master, ‘Is it OK to use email?’ ‘Yes,’ came the reply, ‘But no attachments.’ ~ Psychology Today
7. “One Buddhist monk leaned over to another and quietly asked, ‘Are you not thinking what I'm not thinking?’
8. “ Disciple: Oh wise and all knowing one, take me to the realm of perfect peace. Master: If I take you to that realm, it will no longer be peaceful.”
9. “Q: What happens when a Buddhist becomes totally absorbed with the computer he is working with?
A: He enters Nerdvana.”
And despite of what may happen to all of us in the next ten, twenty, or even thirty years, I guess we all have to see things in a different kind of light and not just perspective. I can't seem to imagine life without any piece of wisdom that could guide us. Whether we're religious or not, it takes more courage to accept your fears and learn how to deal with them is all that matters when it comes to even just getting along.
And to sum things up, here is the last nugget of wisdom to go by… however, whenever, and wherever we may be.
10. “Says the Master to his pupil: ‘Do you understand that you don't really exist?’ Upon which the pupil replies: ‘To whom are you telling that?’”
Promise to remember to laugh today? We hope you found this useful. Let me know if you have any questions.
PS. We are itching to learn more about you! Can you pretty please fill out a little survey so we can deliver even better blog posts to you?? What's Your Magic??