Om - Magical Guided Meditation•
Posted on June 20 2018
One of the most popular images that you have in your minds when someone says meditation is probably of a monk sitting cross-legged and chanting “Om”. Even though not all meditations are this type, the Om Chanting Meditation is a great beginner meditation. There are many benefits when doing this particular type of meditation. Sometimes the tiniest words like Om hold much greater power than you think.
What is Om Meditation?
Well, believe it or not, Om in the Om Meditation is actually a mantra. When it comes to these types of meditations, chanting a particular mantra has the effect of healing your body, improving your focus and changing your frequency. Everything on this planet and this Universe gives off some sort of frequency or a vibration. While chanting you lower your frequency or to be more exact – 432Hz – the same frequency of Nature itself. There are also beliefs that this frequency is the one that the Universe itself gave off when it was starting to expand.
What are the benefits of Om Meditation?
By lowering the frequency while chanting Om, your whole body begins to vibrate on this particular frequency. This slows down the nervous system, which means it helps you to calm your mind during Meditation. Your body begins to regain its natural balance both psychological and physical. The vibrations you produce while chanting Om, radiate through your whole body, nurturing it and expanding your mind to an entirely new perspective.
Om – Guided Meditation
1. Sit cross-legged.
2. Turn off your phone and set an alarm for 15 minutes.
3. Mind your position, keep your back straight. Breathe in and breathe out.
4. As you take each breath feel as you begin to become calmer and calmer.
5. You are at peace.
6. Close your eyes, breathe in and breathe out.
7. Take a deep breath.
8. Begin chanting “Om”. Make the sound deep and chant it as long as you can, without making a strain on yourself. Don’t be left breathless, you don’t need to strain yourself.
9. Just let the sound float, make it effortless and light.
10. Breathe in and breathe out.
11. Begin chanting “Om” again.
12. Feel the vibrations of the chant shake you to the core. Feel as everything is falling into its place.
13. Breathe in and breathe out.
14. Chant “Om” a third time.
15. Clear your mind, and immerse yourself in the vibrations produced by chanting your mantra.
16. Breathe in and breathe out.
17. You can open your eyes when ready.
The main thing to achieve through this Meditation is the balance, and that can only be felt. Try to focus on your bloodstream or heartbeat while you are chanting it. It has a unique calming effect.
And that’s it for today guys! I hope you enjoyed this and found it helpful. Stay tuned to our blog posts, we will be doing different Meditations and Meditation techniques in the next few weeks!
Astro Alert: Mars E...
The 29th brings Mars, the warrior, and Jupiter, the planet of expansion and optimism, together in Aries, marking a great time for taking a risk tha...Read More
Astro Alert: The Su...
On the bright side, the 19th supports us to step into our power and have confidence in the value that we bring to the table, while the 20th marks t...Read More
Astro Alert: Total ...
The atmosphere is charged around the 16th, when a Total Lunar Eclipse in Scorpio brings an emotional rebirth, a time when the Universe creates the ...Read More