Meditations 101: Mindful Breathing•
Posted on December 27 2017
Today, we have another simple and effective Meditation technique for you. If you follow our blog posts we have mentioned it a couple of times and it’s time to talk a little more about it. Mindful Breathing is a great technique for beginners, so let’s get right on it!
With the way of life that we have today, we are often overwhelmed with the amount of work that has to be done. We focus so much on working and everything being done that we forget to be grateful for the things we have in life. We work and work on trying to achieve our goals that we don’t stop to see what we have right now in this moment. And it’s really okay to have goals set in life and trying to accomplish them but we are not robots. As long as we try to achieve something new in life, never focusing on this moment, we will never be happy. You will simply always want another and another new thing and you will never make time to be happy in this moment. Mindful Breathing is a short meditation and can be done any day and any time since it takes only about 10-15 minutes. Mindful Breathing helps us focus on this moment, it helps us observe our thoughts, and to feel grateful for something as simple as a breath.
Here is how you can do it:
1. Find a peaceful place. If you are at home maybe you can set up an atmosphere or if it’s too crowded you can take a peaceful walk in the nearby park and sit on a bench.
2. Sit straight. Try to calm yourself.
*Note: Set up an alarm so you can know when your time will be up. That way, you won’t be thinking all the time if the time is up. Try to put something comforting as an alarm sound.
3. Close your eyes.
4. Breathe in and breathe out. Don’t try to change anything about the way of your breathing. Just focus on your breaths.
5. As you do this you will probably start to go through your thoughts. That is okay, just try not to focus too much on them. Be aware that they are there and let them pass, don’t focus on any one of them specifically. Just observe their flow, but don’t get involved in them.
6. With every breath you take you will be more aware of yourself and your body, you will feel better and calmer.
7. Feel your whole body, as its sitting here. Gradually bring your session to an end.
8. Give yourself some appreciation for doing the Meditation.
And that’s it guys, you made it! Simple and effective!
You can click on the link below to check out another awesome Meditation!
Astro Alert: The Su...
On the bright side, the 19th supports us to step into our power and have confidence in the value that we bring to the table, while the 20th marks t...Read More
Astro Alert: Total ...
The atmosphere is charged around the 16th, when a Total Lunar Eclipse in Scorpio brings an emotional rebirth, a time when the Universe creates the ...Read More
Your Monthly Horosc...
Dear Magic Makers, May surprises us with three powerful transits in headstrong Aries: Venus, Mars, and Jupiter support us to take risks, nurture s...Read More